Tuesday 13 January 2009

Sex and the City Shoes

I'm sure pretty much all of you have seen the Sex and the City Movie by now, and how much did you love it? I'm also sure that most of you kept your eyes on the fashion in the movie, and therefore you will probably recognise Carrie's shoes:

They are by Christian Dior and retail for about $780, which is about £540. I don't know about you, but unfortunately thats a little out of my price range!! I think she also wears the same pair but in a 'pythony' style leather:

Now the reason I'm writing about these gorgeous shoes now when the film came out aaages ago is pretty much only relevant to those who l
ive in the UK or Ireland. I was in my nearest New Look store the other week (for those of you in the US or elsewhere, its a bit like H&M or Forever 21 but less fashion focused and probably cheaper) and looking at their shoes, when I saw a (pretty much the same) version of Carrie's Dior shoes, for only £30 (or $43) and they are real leather!! So I thought I'd post them on here for anyone who is still looking for a cheaper version of them. They had them in plain black leather like the first picture, black python print like the second picture and a silvery grey python skin print that actually looked really cute! They also have them in brown leather, which I don't personally like, I think they look a bit too 'boho' rather than bold like the other ones, but it seems they have sold out online because they only have the brown ones left. Don't be put off by the picture because in the other colours they do look really nice, so if you live near a new look go in and check them out!!
Also please tell me what you think of my first post on this blog by commenting, and you're opinion of the shoes!!
xx

No comments:

 

myspace analyzer
Compaq Computer